The number 26 chosen at random and 20 songs that were at 26 on this day also chosen at random. From Millie to Carly Rae Jepsen...it's all here!!!
Monday, February 28, 2022
Here's the albums I enjoyed the most that charted this month
1. LOS BITCHOS - Let The Festivities Begin
2. SPOON - Lucifer On The Sofa
3. WHITE LIES - As I Try Not To Fall Apart
4. EELS - Extreme Witchcraft
5. HURRAY FOR THE RIFF RAFF - Life On Earth
6. METRONOMY - Small World
7. EDDIE VEDDER - Earthling
8. ZEAL & ARDOR - Zeal & Ardor
9. LADY BLACKBIRD - Black Acid Soul
10. MITSKI - Laurel Hell
Dishonorable mention for Kim Petras's "Slut Pop" which is as nasty and tasteless as it sounds.
Thursday, January 06, 2022
A list of our go-to recipes
Honey Soy Chicken
Butternut Squash Chicken
Chicken and Prawn (Vinegar)
Chicken with Coconut Milk
Easy Chicken Curry
Cod, Chick Pea & Chorizo Traybake
Roasted Salmon with Crispy Potatoes and Brocolli
Salmon Egg Fried Rice
Salmon Tray Bake
Easy Slow Cooker Lasagne
Lasagne (Slow Cooker)
Linguine with Avacado, Lime and Tomato
Red Pepper Pesto Spaghetti (M&S)
Ingredients (serves 4)
300g wholewheat spaghetti
30g M&S Panko breadcrumbs
100g M&S easy onions
200g M&S roasted red pepper paste
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta. While the pasta is cooking, gently sauté the breadcrumbs in a non-stick frying pan until golden, turn off the heat and add half of the pesto and mix to form a crumb. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and the paste to the frying pan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water. Tumble the pasta in the sauce, season with salt and use a little of the pasta water to loosen.
- Place into serving bowls, topping each with a teaspoon of the remaining pesto and a generous sprinkle of the pesto crumb. 100g of pesto crumb spaghetti contains >3g of fibre per 100g
Tagliatelle with Moroccan Style Lamb Sauce
Chicken & Chorizo Jambalaya
Tomato and Chorizo Rice
Ham in Coke
Lamb - Boneless
Monday, January 06, 2020
Friday, January 03, 2020
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
It was a day for notable deaths. A shock this morning to hear that Gary Rhodes had died overnight aged just 59. Less of a shock was the loss of Dr. Jonathan Miller at the age of 85 and finally Clive James' death was confirmed today, one that we and he had been expecting.
Jonathan Miller was one of those people whose intellect was frightening, and I enjoyed the story about the letter he sent to Private Eye which they still have on the wall...
..and Clive James' did prompt me into buying the collection of his TV writing and Unreliable Memoirs (a pay day treat).
I also listened to a great BBC Radio 4 show with him listening to archive recordings of himself which was fascinating.
Had one of those days at work where I actually got things done!
WHAT I LISTENED TO :
"Meeting Myself Coming Back - Clive James" - BBC Sounds
"The Adam Buxton Podcast - Nicky Wire" - Podcast, love Adam's podcast anyway but Nicky Wire was a great guest. Honest, no po-facedness at all just a real sense of enjoyment in his life and looking back at a heck of a past.
WHAT I WATCHED:
Newsnight : 26/11/19 - BBC IPlayer
Rick And Morty S04E01 - All 4
Mr Pickles S01E01 - All 4 : Never even heard of this Adult Swim series but it couldn't be more up my street if it was lying on the sofa next to me demanding a cup of tea.